Sun, 15 Jan|
MindScape 5 Senses and Wine Tasting 15 Jan 2023
Time & Location
15 Jan, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm SGT
Singapore, The BodyTalk Centre, 38 Jln Pemimpin, #03-05, Singapore 577178
About the Event
The taste of life is based on how we can taste through the 5 senses. Learning to take time to savor and taste your food and drink will improve your health and your life. In this MindScape MasterClass, we will be learning through wine because of the diversity of taste and its health benefits. Wine contains high levels of polyphenols which are antioxidants that provide the health benefits in the protection against the development of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and liver diseases.
- Sensing food and drink through the 5 senses
- Learning a vine, genus, grape variety and impact on the final product and taste
- Dissecting a grape and learning what drives the taste
- The processes of vinification and how this translates into a final product
- The components inside a bottle of wine
- The 5 tastes & palate calibration
- Wine and Spirit Educational Trust (WSET) Systematic Tasting Approach (SAT), using the assessment grid
- Practice tasting variations of wine
- Blind tasting of wine
* All wines served are of quality grade and will not dissappoint the palate.
About Xavier Ligot
Xavier is a wine specialist holding a WSET Level 3 certificate in wine, Certified Specialist in Wine (CSW), French Wine Scholar (FWS), Champagne Master level, WSET Level 3 certificate in Sake, Certified Specialist in Spirits (CSS) and currently pursuing a Master in Bourgogne certificate.
For BodyTalk and MindScape members $168
Non Members $198
No pre-requisites for this event
Only 20 spaces available
Food and Wine included
**As the wine glasses are rented, there will be a breakage fee of $12 per wine glass. Thank you for your understanding.